How do you store your recovery equipment? Is it just scattered in a drawer scattered among all your additional equipment? Whether you need to do a single line pull, a double line pull, a Spanish Burton (SB), or any other recovery technique, you need to keep your kit components organized, clean, and available for any vehicle recovery application you do.
Not all storage bags for vehicle recovery kits are the same. That “one” that the other company offers on the market today might meet some basic utility standards, but it is an integral component just like a pulley block or soft shackle.
Vehicle Recovery System
Your gear should be kept organized and all interoperable components should be kept together for easy use. The bag should protect your gear from abrasion, and should also allow it to easily dry because let’s be honest, how often do you get to do a vehicle recovery (or vehicle recovery training) in dry, pleasant conditions?
You should think of your gear as a system rather than a pile of tools. All these capabilities need certain pieces to work. You need a shackle with a pulley block. You need a way to shorten a line (or winch line extension) using something like a winch line lock or X-Lock.
The Safe-Xtract Recovery System incorporates a training standard to ensure that users understand the proper application (including storage or components).
The Safe-Xtract Kit Bag comes in two sizes, and each of the complete kits includes one or more of these bags to contain all of the components. Make no mistake, these bags are tough and can hold a lot of weight. The biggest size is a medium to keep it manageable–you can completely outfit a recovery kit and store it in one of these bags:
- Small: 14″ x 8″ x 8″, optimal size to accommodate an SX-8000 kit.
- Medium: 24″ x 12″ x 12″, optimal size for the SX-20000 Kit
This bag is MADE IN AMERICA OUT OF AMERICAN-MADE MATERIALS (Berry Amendment Compliant) and has a design that features unique characteristics which make it ideally suited for use in the Vehicle Recovery environment. These include:
- OVERSIZED ZIPPER: The high-quality construction of the smooth-running zipper allows it to endure punishment.
- WRAP AROUND HANDLES: Handle straps are tough and wrap around the entire bag, providing max load support. Equally strong side handles are also convenient.
- MESH CONSTRUCTION: Built of durable, lightweight mesh that enables bag and contents to quickly dry when wet. The design eliminates the possibility of condensation inside the bag. Contents can be seen without opening the bag.
- WINDOW PANEL: Labels with your name, logo or basic message may be inserted to make bag tracking simple and quick.
- MILITARY TESTED: Hundreds of these bags are in service with US SF Groups and other Military SOF units. This bag has been incorporated as a US Military Vehicle Program of Record component and is in use at the “team level” with numerous elements including Ground Mobility Program. This item is both Berry Amendment and Buy American Act compliant.